Thursday, April 29, 2010

Breakfast Burritos Aren't Just for Breafast


This week at Harris Teeter just screams breakfast burritos.  If this meal cost me any more than $1.50 I would be very surprised.  You can't even get one fast food kid's meal for that, let alone feed a family of 4.  The great thing about breakfast burritos is that you can stuff those little tortillas with just about anything you want.  I was in a hurry, so my creative juices weren't really flowing, but the possibilites are nearly endless.

I read somewhere that the perfect ratio of milk to eggs for scrambled eggs is 1T. milk and dash of salt to 1 egg.  So, that's what I did.  Then on top of a warmed tortilla, piled eggs, cheese, salsa and sour cream (with a little mexican dip mix stirred in).  Rolled them up and topped with extra salsa and sour cream, and voila, you've got yourself a meal.  The next time I make these, I will definitely add some black beans, for a bit more color and added "depth" (if that is a cooking term) of flavor.  Enjoy!  

If you need coupons for tortillas, sour cream, butter, cheese, eggs, or salsa just click on the link.  For all of your other coupon needs, check out Your Coupon Cafe.

0 comments:

Post a Comment