Saturday, May 1, 2010

Pizza Casserole

I'm finally getting around to using my No Yolks egg noodles.  I have gotten so many of these free over the past several triple coupon weeks, that my pantry is bursting with bags.  I have to admit, I usually use these coupons last because I'm never sure what to do with the noodles.  But this crowd-pleasing casserole was a big hit.  This was brought to a pot-luck, so the recipe makes a large pan (10x15).  


Pizza Casserole


4 cups uncooked egg noodles
1 lb lean ground beef
2 onions, chopped
4 cloves garlic, minced
1 c. sliced pepperoni
1 24oz. jar pasta sauce
3 cans diced tomatoes
1/2 c. water
4 T. milk
4 c. shredded mozzarella cheese


1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2.  In a large pot over medium heat, brown the ground beef with the onion and garlic.  Drain excess fat.  
3.  Stir in the remaining ingredients - with the exception of the cheese.  Cover and simmer for 15 minutes, or until noodles are softened.  Stir occasionally.
4.  In large casserole dish spoon half of the noodle mixture into the bottom.  Sprinkle with 2c. cheese.  Spoon remaining noodle mixture on top of the cheese, then top with 2c. cheese.
5.  Bake covered at 350 degrees for 20 minutes, then uncover and bake for 10 minutes.  Enjoy!


To check out the coupons needed for this recipe, please visit Your Coupon Cafe.

0 comments:

Post a Comment