Monday, June 21, 2010

Chocolate Sandwich Cookies

I love to bake.  And I love to eat baked goods.  This is not always a good combination, but I will always be the first to sign up to bring dessert to any event.  This weekend I had to make LOTS of cookies for my son's swim meet and knew this was the perfect frugal recipe for the event.  (Note:  I did triple to recipe, you should get at least 15 cookie sandwiches from a single recipe).  Since I paid very little for the ingredients and these are super easy to make, it was a no-brainer.  I found this recipe on Allrecipes.com (which happens to be one of my favorite sites on the internet) and just tweaked it a little to make it even easier than the original.  


Chocolate Sandwich Cookies


2 - 18.25oz. boxes of chocolate cake mix
4 eggs
2/3 c. vegetable oil


1 container chocolate icing



  1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.  Lightly grease cookie sheets.
  2. In a medium bowl, stir together the chocolate cake mix, eggs and oil.  Mix until well blended.
  3. You can roll the dough into balls, but I like to use my ice cream scooper.  Then flatten the balls slightly.
  4. Bake for 10 to 12 minutes.  Let cool on the baking sheet for a few minutes before removing to cool on wire racks.
  5. Once cooled, spread a dollop to icing onto the inside of one cookie, then top with the other to make a sandwich.  You can always use a different flavor of icing, if you think this might be chocolate overload, but for the chocolate lovers in the group, these will satisfy any craving.  Enjoy!
To get coupons for the items in this recipe, simply go to Your Coupon Cafe.  You will need oil, eggs, cake mix and frosting.


0 comments:

Post a Comment